Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Bye 2008

Well what a year. With the down turn in the market forcing me to close my firm; to getting to spend sometime just discovering what I want to do; to being able to spend time with family; to going to Mexico; and to getting to knit my little heart out, 2008 has been a good year despite the ups and downs.

New Year's always makes me a bit sad as I sometimes feel like I have "wasted" time and have not accomplished all I have wanted. However, this year, although I did not get done all I wanted to do, I don't feel as sad as I know we are setting out great plans for 2009. One thing we have promised to do is to Do Something New Every Day. I'll post them.

I will be hitting the job trail on Monday, Jan. 5 at full force. Look out legal world.... I am BACK. I am also going to work on getting our condo cleaned out. I can't believe we have been here for 7 years. For our long time friends who know us to move every 2 years this is a HUGE accomplishment.

But staying somewhere for any length of time you being to squirrel away things in places you did not know you could store stuff. Then, suddenly, the seams on the condo are stretching like those skinny jeans you try to put on but you know you are just 10 lbs to heavy to wear. I have sooooo much "stuff" to get rid of. We are hoping to sell some through consignment shops. I have some art, very collectible art, that I am going to take to Christie's or Sotheby's to have auctioned. Unless you would like to buy direct from me pieces by Orlando Rafael Quevedo or Guido Borelli. Craft items for stamping and scrapbooking are going as well as toys I had for the nieces and nephews when they were small.

I'll keep you all posted on the BIG sale when we have one.

Adam and I wish all of you a very inspiring 2009 and as we are going to do this next year... Try Something New Every Day.

Happy 2009

No comments: