Monday, November 03, 2008

Christmas Knitting

So, I have started the Christmas knitting. I know my nieces and nephews won't be reading the blog so I can reveal my holiday knitting for this year. First, I am making socks for them, at least the girls. I have been on a sock making kick so I have yarn left to make some smaller sizes. I love the Yankee Knitter pattern.

The big project is the Quidditch sweater for Owen. It is coming along fine. I just have to finish the sleeves and then seam it all together. I hope to have that done this week. (Although I am perplexed as to why my gauge is correct re: width but the height is a little too tall - I am always seeking to understand the mechanics of knitting better) I am making the sweater found in the Charmed Knits book. It contains other Harry Potter inspired knitting too. Great for kids and adults who love the Harry Potter series.

Go to A Stitch in Time in Bethel CT to get all the supplies to make these items. I post pics when I complete the projects.

No comments: